Frequently Asked Questions – Artists
How do I apply to perform at M for Montreal?
We are looking for artists that wish to play our event to foster their career at a national and international level. Having a representative, a released record, some shows, music videos and Facebook fans are all a good start.
- Call for submission for 2017 will be open February 1st through April 3rd.
- The cost is $40 CA per submission, and guarantees that your submission will be considered by the programming committee.
- Artists need to fill an online submission form with basic info like a short biography, music, photos and press links.
- Make sure you provide the most accurate and best material you can – better put all chances on your side!
- Please use the proper channel to submit – do not send an email or a physical submission.
and what happens next?
- Once the application is submitted, the primary contact will receive a confirmation email.
- The pre-selection committee will review the submissions and grade them based on originality, songwriting skills and career establishment. The top rated artists will then be submitted to the programming team, which will extend the invitations.
- A notification will be sent to the same contact about your final status. It should happen around mid-September.
- We review and listen to every submission.
- If you are not accepted, we do not make any refund, but you will be allowed one (1) Artist Wristband. An artist wristband provides access to all panels, showcases and the official opening cocktail. Please note that you HAVE to request that privilege before October 15th 2017 at music(at)mformontreal.com.
and If I’m selected?
- Selected artists MUST have a representative with a valid accreditation (Gold or Silver Badge). The representative must be identified when the offer is accepted.
- We are a showcasing festival and do not provide support for travel, accommodation or catering.
- Performing artists receive an Artist Wristband for each band member ONLY. An artist wristband provides access to all panels, showcases and the official opening cocktail. You have to request that privilege before October 14th 2017 by providing a valid email address for each claimed wristbands.
- We do our best to provide a basic backline for selected bands that are based outside of Montreal (drum, bass and guitar amp).
- A minimum financial compensation of $150 is guaranteed for all selected artists.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to change these terms and conditions.