M for Montreal's sister festival Mundial Montreal is now hiring! The world music showcase event is looking for a Web and Production Assistant starting August 1st, 2014. The web portion of the job includes providing support for both the Mundial and M for Montreal websites.
Web and Production Assistant
Start Date: Aug 1, 2014
What is Mundial Montreal?
Mundial Montreal is North America’s premier world music showcase event. Taking place annually (November 18-21, 2014), Mundial operates as a springboard for some of the most exciting world music talent emerging from Canada and beyond, and is cultivating a rapidly developing network of presenters. With a highly curated program of world music artists, unique networking events, and inspiring conversation, Mundial has quickly established itself as the go-to event in North America for world music discovery and professional opportunities.
- Oversee populating content to new websites for both Mundial Montreal and M for Montreal in French and English
- Ongoing updates to Mundial website
- Liaise with artist representatives and collect/maintain/record band photos/bios/mp3s
- Administration of artist contracts
- Translation of documents as needed
- Maintain contact lists
- Send and track pre/post-conference surveys to artists/delegates
- Assisting with delegate hospitality and registration at check in during the event
- Support Mundial team during the festival with Mundial panels and showcases (must be available day and nighttime on November 18-21 dates)
- Assist Producer as needed
- Experience with Wordpress platforms and HTML required
- Graphic design skills an asset
- Must be bilingual
- Being a team-player is a must
- Love for and knowledge world music is an asset!
Send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com by July 21, 2014